- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup plus 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 8 candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cookie dough in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 5-10 minutes to soften. Add flour to cookie dough; beat until blended.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place 2/3 cup chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in extract. Refrigerate until mixture reaches a spreading consistency, about 30 minutes. Spread filling on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies.
- In a microwave, melt remaining chocolate chips with oil; stir until smooth. Dip tops of cookies in chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Immediately sprinkle with crushed candies; let stand until set. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Peppermint Sandwich Cookies in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Reviews for Chocolate-Peppermint Sandwich Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review