Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Dessert Recipe
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 quart peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Stir in ice cream until smooth. Pour over crust. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Spread with whipped topping and sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Dessert
"Great recipe. Instead of the graham cracker crust, I use a crust made of crushed chocolate animal crackers sprinkled with a little sugar and melted butter to make it stick to the sides. I always get lots of wows with this. Instead of the crumbs for the top, I sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on the whipped topping. Very festive. You can also make 2 pies with this or 1 pie and the extra can be saved in a container and served up as a fluffy dessert. You can also mix other icecreams and puddings for different flavours like eggnog ice cream and vanilla pudding, strawberry icecream and vanilla pudding, coffee icecream and chocolate pudding, vanilla icecream and butterscotch pudding. There are lots of options. Thanks so much"