With pudding, ice cream and whipped topping, this cool and creamy dessert is the perfect complement to a rich holiday meal. You'll appreciate its make-ahead convenience.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 quart peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Stir in ice cream until smooth. Pour over crust. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Spread with whipped topping and sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Peppermint Ice Cream Dessert in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p108
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review