If anything can get you in the Christmas spirit, these minty chocolate chip cookies can. A sprinkle of peppermint candy adds an extra-festive touch. They're excellent for dunking. —Delia True, Forest Ranch, California
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Additional crushed peppermint candy, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and crushed candy.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with additional candy if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes or until cookies spring back when lightly touched. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Peppermint Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p94
Reviews for Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review