- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Additional crushed peppermint candy, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and crushed candy.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with additional candy if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes or until cookies spring back when lightly touched. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Sort By :
I used mini chips and they worked out perfectly. I really like the hint of mint with the candy cane pieces mixed in with the chocolate. I did use white flour instead of whole wheat as I didn't have any on-hand. The only thing that I found with this was I had to extend the baking time to about 13 minutes. Not sure why they needed so much time but they did. They also came off of the cookie sheet easier if I left them on to cool for about 2 minutes.