The cool mint filling in these patties makes them especially delicious. Friends often request that I bring them to parties.
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- In a bowl, combine milk and extract. Stir in 3-1/2 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar to form a stiff dough. Turn onto a surface sprinkled lightly with confectioners' sugar. Knead in enough remaining sugar to form a dough that is very stiff and no longer sticky. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Flatten into 1-1/2-in. circles. Let dry 1 hour. Turn and let dry 1 hour longer. Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler or microwave-safe bowl; cool slightly. Dip patties in chocolate mixture and place on waxed paper to harden. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Peppermint Candies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p38
Reviews for Chocolate Peppermint Candies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review