- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add milk, oil, eggs and vanilla;
- beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter
- will be thin). Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round
- baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 18-23 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for
- 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool
- For filling, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add the sugar, vanilla
- and food coloring if desired; beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside
- about 1 tablespoon crushed candy. Fold remaining candy into cream
- mixture. Spread between layers and around sides but not over the
- For glaze, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add cocoa and
- water; cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Remove
- from the heat; whisk in vanilla. Gradually blend in sugar until
- smooth. Add additional water if necessary. Spread over top of cake.
- Sprinkle with reserved candy. Chill before serving. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 407 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.