Chocolate Pecan Waffles Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped topping and fresh raspberries, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until foamy; beat in the milk, butter and vanilla. Stir in chocolate.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in chocolate mixture just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with whipped topping and raspberries if desired.
Freeze option: Cool waffles on wire racks. Freeze between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat waffles in a toaster on medium setting. Or, microwave each waffle on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 16 waffles.
2 waffles (calculated without raspberries and whipped topping) equals 389 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.