“This is a yummy dish when company comes, and it tastes great with strawberries, bananas or raspberries.” These crisp and chocolaty waffles will have everyone drooling! Lucille Mead - Ilion, New York
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped topping and fresh raspberries, optional
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until foamy; beat in the milk, butter and vanilla. Stir in chocolate.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in chocolate mixture just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with whipped topping and raspberries if desired.
Freeze option: Cool waffles on wire racks. Freeze between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat waffles in a toaster on medium setting. Or, microwave each waffle on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 16 waffles.
Originally published as Chocolate Pecan Waffles in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p20
Reviews for Chocolate Pecan Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review