Chocolate Pecan Waffles with Strawberries Recipe
Topped with fresh strawberries and chocolate whipped cream, these tender breakfast treats are rich and luscious enough to be served as dessert. They're sure to delight your family on Christmas morning.
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Chocolate whipped cream in a can and sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients until smooth. Stir in pecans and chocolate mixture (batter will be thick).
- 3. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries if desired. Yield: 20 waffles.
Reviews for Chocolate Pecan Waffles with Strawberries
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC