- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Chocolate whipped cream in a can and sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients until smooth. Stir in pecans and chocolate mixture (batter will be thick).
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries if desired. Yield: 20 waffles.
Originally published as Chocolate Pecan Waffles in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p30
Reviews for Chocolate Pecan Waffles with Strawberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review