Chocolate Pecan Waffles Recipe
Topped with fresh strawberries and chocolate whipped cream, these tender breakfast treats are rich and luscious enough to be served as dessert. They're sure to delight your family on Christmas morning.
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Chocolate whipped cream in a can and sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients until smooth. Stir in pecans and chocolate mixture (batter will be thick).
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries if desired. Yield: 20 waffles.
Originally published as Chocolate Pecan Waffles in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p30
Reviews for Chocolate Pecan Waffles(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >