Chocolate Pecan Thumbprints Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Dip in egg white, then coat with pecans. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in. indentation in the center of each ball.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Press again into indentations with the spoon handle. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until pecans are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips and remaining butter until melted; stir until blended and smooth. Spoon into cooled cookies. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 319 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Pecan Thumbprints
"These have a wonderful taste and look! Kind of a lot of work...especially the last step for the chocolate center. So next time I will just put a few,chocolate chips in the indentation before baking. Same results, eliminating a step. Yum!"