Chocolate Pecan Thumbprints Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Dip in egg white, then coat with pecans. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in. indentation in the center of each ball.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Press again into indentations with the spoon handle. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until pecans are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips and remaining butter until melted; stir until blended and smooth. Spoon into cooled cookies. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Pecan Thumbprints in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p43
Reviews for Chocolate Pecan Thumbprints
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >