Chocolate Pecan Tassies Recipe
These dessert muffins capture the wonderful flavor of pecan pie. The addition of chocolate chips makes them extra special. —Ramona Porter, Olive Hill, Kentucky
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- PECAN FILLING:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar. Combine the flour and cocoa; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, for filling, combine the brown sugar and butter in a small bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- 2. Roll cream cheese mixture into 1-in. balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups. Spoon filling into cups.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before carefully removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 123 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chocolate Pecan Tassies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC