- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup hot water
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in pecans. Spoon into six greased 6-oz. custard cups.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Pour 2 tablespoons hot water over each cup. Place cups on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of each cup; invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Pecan Pudding Cakes in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p24
Reviews for Chocolate-Pecan Pudding Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2013
"I've made these twice so far and they are so easy and delicious! Thank you for sharing!"
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2013
"Easy and very good!"