Chocolate Pecan Pie
This recipe originated here in Louisville. It is often served during the famous Kentucky Derby, but it's good any other time of year, too!
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Gradually add sugar and beat until smooth. Stir
- in flour, salt and butter. Fold in chips, nuts and vanilla. Pour
- into the pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until set and golden brown. Chill
- for at least 4 hours. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 570 calories, 37 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.