Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream
- 1. In a bowl, beat eggs. Gradually add sugar and beat until smooth. Stir in flour, salt and butter. Fold in chips, nuts and vanilla. Pour into the pie shell.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until set and golden brown. Chill for at least 4 hours. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 570 calories, 37g fat (15g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Pecan Pie
"The top crust only appears like a second pie crust. It's really the crusty top of the filling--crusty from the sugar inside."
"The picture shows a 2-crust pie but the instructions only call for a bottom crust. . .perhaps it's the wrong picture?"