- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Gradually add sugar and beat until smooth. Stir in flour, salt and butter. Fold in chips, nuts and vanilla. Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until set and golden brown. Chill for at least 4 hours. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Pecan Pie in Country Extra May 1991, p49
Reviews for Chocolate Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 8, 2009
"The top crust only appears like a second pie crust. It's really the crusty top of the filling--crusty from the sugar inside."
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2008
"The picture shows a 2-crust pie but the instructions only call for a bottom crust. . .perhaps it's the wrong picture?"