These yummy pecan bars start with a homemade pastry crust and pile on lots of semisweet chocolate. They’re perfect for a holiday bake sale or casual get-together.—Heather Biedler, Martinsburg, West Virginia
Featured In: 23 of Our Most Decadent Chocolate Desserts
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup ice water
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups (16 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/3 cups chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to fit bottom of a 13x9-in. baking pan; press into pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and salt on high speed 2 minutes. Stir in flour, melted butter and vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour over pastry; sprinkle with pecans.
- Cover loosely with foil. Place on a lower oven rack; bake 20 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer or until top is golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review