This recipe originated here in Louisville. It is often served during the famous Kentucky Derby, but it's good any other time of year, too!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Gradually add sugar and beat until smooth. Stir in flour, salt and butter. Fold in chips, nuts and vanilla. Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until set and golden brown. Chill for at least 4 hours. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Pecan Pie in Country Extra May 1991, p49
Reviews for Chocolate Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review