- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 12 pecan shortbread cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted, divided
- 1/2 gallon butter pecan ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- For caramel sauce, heat caramel topping and candy bars in a microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until candy bars are melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Cool.
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Chop 1/2 cup pecans.
- Spoon half of the butter pecan ice cream over crust. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons caramel sauce; sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped pecans. Spread with half of the chocolate ice cream. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons caramel sauce; sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans.
- Spoon remaining butter pecan ice cream around edge of pan; spread remaining chocolate ice cream in center of pan. Cover and freeze overnight. Refrigerate remaining caramel sauce.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Reheat caramel sauce. Garnish torte with remaining pecan halves; drizzle with 2 tablespoons caramel sauce. Serve with remaining caramel sauce. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Pecan Ice Cream Torte
Sort By :
"Re: Chocolate Pecan Ice Cream Torte. Took this desert to a get-together and I keep getting requests to make it again.Excellent!"
"The Holiday Meringue Dessert looks delious and i would probably have to try it and im sure it would be delcioso!"
"This dessert is a winner time and time again. I have made it personally twice and my mom has made more times than that. Each of us gets asked "How did you make that?" My husband now ranks this as his favorite dessert."