- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 12 pecan shortbread cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted, divided
- 1/2 gallon butter pecan ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- For caramel sauce, heat caramel topping and candy bars in a microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until candy bars are melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Cool.
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Chop 1/2 cup pecans.
- Spoon half of the butter pecan ice cream over crust. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons caramel sauce; sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped pecans. Spread with half of the chocolate ice cream. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons caramel sauce; sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans.
- Spoon remaining butter pecan ice cream around edge of pan; spread remaining chocolate ice cream in center of pan. Cover and freeze overnight. Refrigerate remaining caramel sauce.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Reheat caramel sauce. Garnish torte with remaining pecan halves; drizzle with 2 tablespoons caramel sauce. Serve with remaining caramel sauce. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Pecan Ice Cream Torte
"Re: chocolate Pecan Ice Cream Torte. Took this desert to a get-together and I keep getting requests to make it again.Excellent!"
"The Holiday Meringue dessert looks delious and i would probably have to try it and im sure it would be delcioso!"