Chocolate-Pecan Hedgehog Cookies Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup ground pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate sprinkles
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, pecans and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball; pinch the dough to form a face. Repeat. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Holding a hedgehog cookie by the nose, spoon chocolate over the back (leave the face uncovered). Allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; immediately coat the wet chocolate with sprinkles.
- 4. With a toothpick dipped in chocolate, make two eyes and a dot on the nose. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 16 cookies.
1 each: 114 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chocolate-Pecan Hedgehog Cookies
"So easy to make, and the cookies are delicious!! Thank You"
"So adorable! Easy to make vegan by just subing out Earth Balance for the butter. Even the adult "kids" loved them. Wouldn't they be great for a baby shower with pink or blue sprinkles?"
"These cookies were a HUGE hit!!!! Not only cute but delicious too!"