Chocolate Pecan Fondue
When our kids have friends sleep over, I like to surprise them with this chocolate treat. Our favorite dippers include fruit, marshmallows, cookies and pound cake.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit and shortbread cookies
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, combine cream and honey; heat
- until warm. Add chocolate; stir until melted. Stir in pecans and
- Transfer to a warmed fondue pot or a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker and keep
- warm. Serve with fruit and cookies. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 178 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.