Chocolate Pecan Dreams Recipe
This recipe began as the base for a peanut butter chocolate thumbprint. I liked it so much, though, I decided to turn it into its own cookie recipe. —Becky Tarzlaff, Newton, Kansas
- 1-1/3 cups shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Beat egg whites until foamy. Dip each ball halfway into egg whites, then in pecans. Place pecan side up 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass dipped in sugar.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Carefully remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
2 each: 197 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Pecan Dreams
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC