Chocolate Pecan Cookies Recipe
This recipe is part of our Christmas eve buffet. They have been called sinful by many friends and relatives. They never last long.—Loraine E. Meyer, Bend, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min./batch + cooling YIELD:30 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash salt
- 60 miniature milk chocolate kisses
- 5 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add flour; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, butter, vanilla, brown sugar and salt until smooth; set aside. Shape dough into thirty 1-in. balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- 3. Place a chocolate kiss in each cup. Fill each with 1 teaspoon brown sugar mixture; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pecans.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 24-26 minutes or until set. Lightly press a second chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 99 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC