Chocolate Pecan Cheesecake Recipe
- 25 caramels
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/4 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine caramels and evaporated milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth; stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; beat into cream cheese mixture until blended. Spread over caramel mixture. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Before serving, drizzle with hot fudge topping and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 548 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Pecan Cheesecake
"This has a great flavor combo! It is a pain unwrapping all those caramels but it's worth it for the end procuct. It's a nice pie to serve to company since it can be made ahead of time."
"Of course I will say it again, mine never looks like the photo. My fudge wouldn't drizzle but that was okay. I think where I went wrong on this was buying the low fat cream cheese so it lacked that really rich taste as well as wasn't as firm as I expected. I also got the off brand of caramels and think that the off brand lead to mine not having that wonderful caramel taste either. I guess if you are going to eat the calories go for it with the full cream cheese not the low fat. I also would look for a second recipe as you only use 1/4 cup of the evaporate milk."
"excellent. very rich and chocolatey."
"Wow! Wow! Wow! This was excellent. It was easy to make and everyone in the family loved it. Go ahead and make it, you won't be disappointed."