- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons shortening
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in flour. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt chocolate with corn syrup over low heat; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add pecans.
- Spread evenly over hot crust. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm around the edges. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Pecan Bars
Sort By :
This was an easy recipe!! It tastes yummy! This makes a big jelly roll pan! Keep a few of the pecans whole!! I might drizzle white chocolate next time to add a little contrast!
These are yummy! I wouldn't say the crust gets golden brown though. I kept expecting it to and as a result I think I overcooked the crust. Definitely worth making, just keep to the lower range of cooking minutes.
These were excellent tasting bars! I cooked mine for 25 minutes and that seemed to be perfect, but my oven seems to cook slower than it should. The edges are hard to cut, but once you get past that part, the bars make nice, clean cuts and are easy to remove from the pan. I don't know if making sure to grease extra good up near the edge of the pan would help or not.
Evidently I baked these a little to long. They were very firm around the edges and I had a hard time getting them out of the pan. The part in the center seemed fine.
I actually meant to give it 4 stars.