These chewy, chocolaty bars are great for Thanksgiving or Christmas...and always a big hit with everyone. They're easy to prepare and make a big batch. We find them simply irresistible! —Carole Fraser, North York, Ontario
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons shortening
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in flour. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt chocolate with corn syrup over low heat; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add pecans.
- Spread evenly over hot crust. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm around the edges. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Pecan Bars in Taste of Home October/November 2007, p31
Reviews for Chocolate Pecan Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review