Chocolate Pears in Caramel Sauce Recipe
—Margaret Pache, Mesa, Arizona
- 2 medium ripe pears
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1-1/2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1. Core pears from bottom, leaving stem intact. Peel pears. If necessary, cut 1/4 in. from bottom to level. Place in a small baking dish. Brush pears with lemon juice and 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes or until tender, basting occasionally.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate, cream and remaining butter. Heat over low heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Combine caramel topping and macadamia nuts; spoon onto dessert plates. Place pears upright on plates; spoon chocolate sauce over pears. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 632 calories, 36 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC