- 2 medium ripe pears
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1-1/2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- Core pears from bottom, leaving stem intact. Peel pears. If necessary, cut 1/4 in. from bottom to level. Place in a small baking dish. Brush pears with lemon juice and 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes or until tender, basting occasionally.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate, cream and remaining butter. Heat over low heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Combine caramel topping and macadamia nuts; spoon onto dessert plates. Place pears upright on plates; spoon chocolate sauce over pears. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Pears in Caramel Sauce in Reminisce January/February 2006, p 50
Reviews for Chocolate Pears in Caramel Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review