Chocolate Pear Hazelnut Tart Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 to 5 tablespoons ice water
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 6 canned pear halves, drained, sliced and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons honey, warmed
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, mix flour, hazelnuts, brown sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
- 2. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Trim pastry even with edge. Prick bottom of pastry with a fork. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- 3. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until blended. Beat in egg yolks and amaretto. Beat in hazelnuts and cocoa.
- 4. With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Fold a third of the egg whites into hazelnut mixture, then fold in remaining whites. Spread onto bottom of pastry shell. Arrange pears over top.
- 5. Bake on a lower oven rack 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Brush pears with warm honey. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 302 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Pear Hazelnut Tart
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.