- 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a
- 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. fluted tart pan with
- removable bottom. Trim pastry even with edge. Prick bottom of pastry
- with a fork. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until blended. Beat in
- egg yolks and amaretto. Beat in hazelnuts and cocoa.
- With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks
- form. Fold a third of the egg whites into hazelnut mixture, then
- fold in remaining whites. Spread onto bottom of pastry shell.
- Arrange pears over top.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden
- brown. Brush pears with warm honey. Cool on a wire rack. If desired,
- dust with confectioners' sugar before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 302 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now