Chocolate Peanut Treats
"When I was in high school, I took these sweet and crunchy squares to bake sales - they were the first to go," says Christy Asher of Colorado Springs, Colorado. "I still make them for family and friends who love the classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter."
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 12 squares)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Stir in
- sugar and peanut butter. Press into a greased 8-in.-square pan.
- In a microwave or double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and stir
- until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer. Chill 30 minutes;
- cut into squares. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes longer. Store
- in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 148 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.