Chocolate Peanut Torte Recipe
A crust of vanilla wafer crumbs and crushed peanuts provides this cool and creamy dessert with an extra tasty base. It's almost guaranteed that I'll bring home an empty pan when I take it to a potluck. -Ardyce Piehl, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup salted peanuts, finely chopped, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups whipped topping, divided
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), grated
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, butter and 2/3 cup peanuts. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Fold in 2 cups of whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- 3. In a another large bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low for 2 minutes. Carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- 4. Just before serving, carefully spread remaining topping over the pudding layer. Sprinkle with grated chocolate and the remaining peanuts. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 314 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC