Chocolate Peanut Sweeties Recipe
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 60 miniature pretzels (about 3 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. In a small bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar until combined. Shape into 1-in. balls; press one on each pretzel. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until peanut butter mixture is set, about 1 hour.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and oil; stir until smooth. Dip the peanut butter ball into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheet, pretzel side down. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 182 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Sweeties
"These things are soooo good yet sooo easy to do!"
"This recipe is quite popular at our house during holiday seasons and parties. We even do it without pretzels when there's no pretzels around!"
"Every time I make these I get tons of raves! They have become my husband's favorite treat so I make them for his birthday every year. They are a big hit at office holiday parties."
"These are easy and if you have too much of the peanut butter stuff made up as I did it freezes well"
"These are easy and fun to make and eat!!"
"these were very quick to make and my family loved them, fun to make with the kids"
"I have been making this recipe since it appeared in TOH several years ago - it is a huge hit every time. SO easy and no baking involved. Have never had it not turn out perfect every time."
"I really loved thies! I totally enjoyed the salty sweet conbnation:) Thies make a lot so they are nice to make & put out as little munchies for people to snakc on at parties! I kind of had a hard time dipping them but other than that they were a great sucsess!"
"Loved these, would definitely make them again."
"This is a family favorite. The pretzel adds a good balance with the salty taste to the sweet peanut butter"
"Made them this Christmas and EVERYONE loved them. So easy to make."
"This recipe has gone to school functions, family get togethers, and just for my kids! What a hit it has made! Everyone loves these--never bring any home and everyone asks for the recipe!"
"I made these yesterday and they did not turn out well. They were too dry to roll into balls. I tried a little more butter and Peanut butter. Did not work. I threw them away."
"This is a Buckeye with a pretzel on it!"
"My daughter just love these!"