Chocolate Peanut Supreme
"One of our sons asked the cooks at his school to share the recipe for his favorite cafeteria dessert," relates Carole Ostlie of Chisago City, Minnesota. "With its peanutty crust and chocolate filling, it's still a favorite years later."
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and butter. Stir in cracker
- crumbs and sugar. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 2 minutes or until soft-set; spoon over crust. Spread with
- whipped topping; sprinkle with peanuts. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour or until set. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 310 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.