Chocolate Peanut Sundaes
I stumbled upon the recipe for this sauce in an old farm cookbook years ago and have been using it ever since. I've shared the recipe many times with friends.Karen Ellinwood, Liberty Center, Ohio
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chopped peanuts, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the pudding mix, water, corn syrup and
- salt. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the
- heat; stir in the peanut butter, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Serve warm with ice cream. Sprinkle with peanuts if desired.
- Yield: about 1-2/3 cups sauce.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 165 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.