Chocolate Peanut Pie Recipe
- 1-1/4 cup chocolate cookie crumbs (20 cookies)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Grated chocolate or chocolate cookie crumbs, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Gently spoon into crust. Garnish with chocolate or cookie crumbs if desired. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Pie(20)
Sort By :
Such a wonderful dessert. I bought a pre-made chocolate cooky crust, used low-fat cream cheese and substituted low-fat Cool-whip for the whipping cream and loved the results! I knew we didn't need quite so many calories and the pie was creamy and very tasty with the substitutions. I will definitely make this again and again!
Great recipe!! Made 2 of these today.....one for my family and the other for a friend.
I love this recipe!!! I did change it from pie to bars. I changed the crust back to graham cracker crust. I make a large cook and serve chocolate pudding and layer on top of crust in a cake pan. Then I put the peanut butter filling on top and then a tub of cool whip on top of that. The filling is so rich and sweet that the pudding and cool whip helps balance it out.
I made this pie for Thanksgiving this year. It received good reviews from all that ate it. I found that serving it right out of the fridge worked best otherwise it was too soft. I bought a pre-made Oreo crust to save time and I left out the butter as I couldn't really see the need for it after all of the whipping cream and peanut butter. Maybe it would have helped bind all of the ingredients together in the end... Good Pie.
This pie is so rich and delicious.Ithink the heavy cream gives it its richness.I melted chocolate and put over the top of the pie when it was cool and it made it even better.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Cream Pie >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Pie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >