Chocolate Peanut Pie Recipe
- 1-1/4 cup chocolate cookie crumbs (20 cookies)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Grated chocolate or chocolate cookie crumbs, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Gently spoon into crust. Garnish with chocolate or cookie crumbs if desired. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Pie
Sort By :
"I recall making this pie and instead of whipping cream, I'd used whipped topping (1 cup)! I'd taken this pie to at least a couple of luncheons at our chapel and this pie was very much enjoyed! It IS best to keep this pie refrigerated so it stays firm! I recall that when I'd prepared this pie, I was asked for the recipe! I used the recipe when I'd gotten my 2nd edition of Crate 'o Recipes from Taste of Home. This is a really great recipe and it's so easy and quick! NOTE: I have all the Crate o' Recipes which had been featured in the original Country Store catalog and this was among those recipes-very handy to just go to my references on my kitchen counter, select what I wish to prepare and start baking or cooking!delowenstein"
"I have been making this pie since the original recipe was printed in TOH. I think about 1995 or 1996! My husband and son want this for their birthday "cake" every year! I am not a huge fan of peanut butter, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this pie! I use a premade Oreo crust, but keep everything else the same. Such a rich and yummy dessert."
"Such a wonderful dessert. I bought a pre-made chocolate cooky crust, used low-fat cream cheese and substituted low-fat Cool-whip for the whipping cream and loved the results! I knew we didn't need quite so many calories and the pie was creamy and very tasty with the substitutions. I will definitely make this again and again!"
"Great recipe!! Made 2 of these today.....one for my family and the other for a friend."
"I love this recipe!!! I did change it from pie to bars. I changed the crust back to graham cracker crust. I make a large cook and serve chocolate pudding and layer on top of crust in a cake pan. Then I put the peanut butter filling on top and then a tub of cool whip on top of that. The filling is so rich and sweet that the pudding and cool whip helps balance it out."