Chocolate Peanut Pie
I entered this pie in our county fair, and it was selected Grand Champion. Who can resist a tempting chocolate crumb crust and the creamy filling with big peanut butter taste? Be prepared to take an empty pan home when you serve this pie. —Doris Doherty, Albany, Oregon
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cup chocolate cookie crumbs (20 cookies)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Grated chocolate or chocolate cookie crumbs, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at
- 375° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter and
- vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Gently
- spoon into crust. Garnish with chocolate or cookie crumbs if
- desired. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 551 calories, 39 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.