Chocolate Peanut Pie Recipe
I entered this pie in our county fair, and it was selected Grand Champion. Who can resist a tempting chocolate crumb crust and the creamy filling with big peanut butter taste? Be prepared to take an empty pan home when you serve this pie. —Doris Doherty, Albany, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1-1/4 cup chocolate cookie crumbs (20 cookies)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Grated chocolate or chocolate cookie crumbs, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For filling, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Gently spoon into crust. Garnish with chocolate or cookie crumbs if desired. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 551 calories, 39 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC