Chocolate Peanut Ice Cream Dessert Recipe
Meet the Cook: If you're expecting company or simply want a convenient on-hand dessert, try this. It's easy, but people will think that you slaved for hours to make it. The nearest store is over 10 miles from our log house. So I've learned to improvise in the kitchen! My husband and I have two daughters, 18 and 16. -Jeanette Neufeld, Boissevain, Manitoba
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 6 cups chocolate ice cream, softened, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Combine the first four ingredients; press half onto the bottom of the pan. Freeze for 15 minutes. Spread half of the ice cream over crust; freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until creamy. Beat in sugar and milk. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over ice cream; freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Spread with remaining ice cream (pan will be very full). Press remaining crumb mixture on top. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Using foil, remove loaf from pan; discard foil. Cut into slices using a serrated knife. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Ice Cream Dessert in Country Woman May/June 1997, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Ice Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2009
"I have this recipe. It's fast, easy, & tastes awesome!"