Chocolate-Peanut Granola Bars Recipe
Nutella and peanut butter meet to make some amazing granola bars. Everyone always thinks they're eating something naughty when I serve these, but they're full of oats and healthy fats. —Brenda Caughell, Durham, North Carolina
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup lightly salted dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 3/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, combine oats, peanuts, wheat germ and sunflower kernels. Bake 8-12 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine honey, brown sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and Nutella until blended.
- 3. Transfer oat mixture to a large bowl; add honey mixture and toss to coat. Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan. Cool. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC