Nutella and peanut butter meet to make some amazing granola bars. Everyone always thinks they're eating something naughty when I serve these, but they're full of oats and healthy fats. —Brenda Caughell, Durham, North Carolina
Featured In: 30 Breakfast Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup lightly salted dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 3/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 400°. In an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, combine oats, peanuts, wheat germ and sunflower kernels. Bake 8-12 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine honey, brown sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and Nutella until blended.
- Transfer oat mixture to a large bowl; add honey mixture and toss to coat. Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan. Cool. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Peanut Granola Bars in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p219
Reviews for Chocolate-Peanut Granola Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2016
"Very good but somewhat dry. May try adding some dried fruit for a softer texture."