Chocolate Peanut Freeze
This layered ice cream dessert tastes a lot like a popular candy bar. It is so easy to assemble...and both children and adults love it. The homemade chocolate-peanut topping is yummy!
15-18 ServingsPrep: 25 + freezing
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk, 1/2 cup
- butter and chocolate chips. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir for 8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Refrigerate
- until cool.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, cover and process cookies
- until finely crushed. In a large bowl, melt remaining butter; stir
- in crushed cookies. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate
- until firm.
- Spread ice cream over crust; freeze. Stir peanuts into chilled
- chocolate mixture. Spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 3-4
- hours or until firm. remove from the freezer 5 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 15-18 servings.