Chocolate Peanut Freeze Recipe
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk, 1/2 cup butter and chocolate chips. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Refrigerate until cool.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, cover and process cookies until finely crushed. In a large bowl, melt remaining butter; stir in crushed cookies. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- Spread ice cream over crust; freeze. Stir peanuts into chilled chocolate mixture. Spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 15-18 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Freeze(2)
Sort By :
This was way too rich for me. I ended up passing it to my son's daycare. They loved it there.
This was one fantastic dessert. Easy to make, Taste great, and is wonderful to have in the freezer and on hand. I've made it several times.
Winnipeg, MB Canada
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Ice Cream Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >