This layered ice cream dessert tastes a lot like a popular candy bar. It is so easy to assemble...and both children and adults love it. The homemade chocolate-peanut topping is yummy! -Linda Rock Stratford, Wisconsin
Recommended: 17 Make-Ahead Christmas Cookies
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk, 1/2 cup butter and chocolate chips. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Refrigerate until cool.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, cover and process cookies until finely crushed. In a large bowl, melt remaining butter; stir in crushed cookies. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- Spread ice cream over crust; freeze. Stir peanuts into chilled chocolate mixture. Spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 15-18 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Freeze in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p39
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Freeze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2011
"This was way too rich for me. I ended up passing it to my son's daycare. They loved it there."
Reviewed May. 12, 2008
"This was one fantastic dessert. Easy to make, Taste great, and is wonderful to have in the freezer and on hand. I've made it several times.Tammy MaurerWinnipeg, MB Canada"