Chocolate Peanut Drops
This is a recipe that I got from a friend, who got it from her sister, and between the three of us we've handed it out everywhere! The chocolatey candies couldn't be easier to make in the slow cooker and depending on the size of your spoon, you can get at least several dozen candies from this one recipe. So easy and great for gifts.—Anita Bell, Hermitage, Tennessee
132 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) lightly salted dry roasted peanuts
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, layer ingredients in order listed (do not
- stir). Cover and cook on low for 1-1/2 hours. Stir to combine. (If
- chocolate is not melted, cover and cook 15 minutes longer; stir.
- Repeat in 15-minute increments until chocolate is melted.)
- Drop mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand
- until set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Yield: about 11 dozen.
Chocolate Peanut Bark: Cook chocolate mixture as directed; spread into two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. waxed paper-lined baking pans. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 102 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.