Chocolate Peanut Drops Recipe
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) lightly salted dry roasted peanuts
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, layer ingredients in order listed (do not stir). Cover and cook on low for 1-1/2 hours. Stir to combine. (If chocolate is not melted, cover and cook 15 minutes longer; stir. Repeat in 15-minute increments until chocolate is melted.)
- Drop mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: about 11 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Drops
Sort By :
"The ingredients are a bit expensive to buy, but the recipe makes LOTS of candy. Super easy and super tasty. My friends and family were all impressed with these peanut clusters! Follow the instructions precisely and it's a no-fail recipe. Highly recommended!"
"I have this recipe in an old cookbook called No-Fail Peanut Clusters with a couple of slight variations. As last ingredient 3 pounds of almond bark instead of white chocolate chips are used - I break them up on the score lines. Cook 3 hours on low. Do not remove lid. Let cool 15-20 minutes. Mix thoroughly and drop by teasopoonfuls on wax paper (I use parchment.) Cool completely. Store in airtight container. Made 12 dozen from the recipe for our recent church bazaar and they all sold. Many asked for the recipe. The quantity makes them perfect for Christmas cookie/candy exchange. Love sisters making together in original submission here - I was tired of dropping them by the end!"
"This was the best tasting candy I have ever made. I always favor the peanut clusters from Trader Joes but these are even better. So creamy and smooth they just melt in your mouth."