- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped peanuts, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, milk and egg until well blended. Stir in 3/4 cup of peanuts. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, condensed milk and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 3 cups whipped topping. Spread over the crust; top with the remaining whipped topping and peanuts.
- In a microwave melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla until smooth; drizzle over the dessert. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Delight
"Made using boxed mix brownies and the brownies instructions and it turned out perfect. I will say these are very rich so will not make them often but as a nice treat especially when sharing with others."
"Made this for Easter this year and it was a big hit. I was told this is the new family favorite"
"Do NOT use cake mix as directed (gets very hard), use a brownie mix and follow package directions. Add peanuts if desired."