- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped peanuts, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, milk and egg until well blended. Stir in 3/4 cup of peanuts. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, condensed milk and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 3 cups whipped topping. Spread over the crust; top with the remaining whipped topping and peanuts.
- In a microwave melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla until smooth; drizzle over the dessert. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Delight
"I just made this for a dinner party and this was wonderful. I did read the reviews and used the brownies instead of the cake mix. Everyone loved it and took some home later, This was very rich and delicious. I'll definitely save this recipe."
"Made this for Easter this year and it was a big hit. I was told this is the new family favorite"
"By reading the other reviews, I substituted the cake mix with Dark Chocolate brownie mix and followed the brownie instructions. I also omittedt the peanuts. It was a creamy dessert. I fixed it for a phase 10 party and it was gone in minutes."
"Makes a nice holiday dessert or potluck item."
"Baking powder added to the cake mix would make it softer. Add the amount of baking powder that would be called for in a from scratch cake recipe."