Chocolate Peanut Crunch Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups crushed Nutter Butter cookies (about 18 cookies)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat. Stir in crushed cookies until coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Coarsely chop.
- 2. Spread vanilla ice cream into a 9-in. springform pan; sprinkle with 2 cups cookie mixture. Freeze for 30 minutes. Spread with chocolate ice cream. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan.
- 4. Spread whipped cream over top and sides of dessert; press remaining cookie mixture into sides. Freeze for 1 hour or until whipped cream is set. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 14 servings.
1 slice: 369 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Crunch Ice Cream Cake
"Tasty, but not overly special. Simple and easy recipe though, fun to make for the kids."
"Just made this for Father's Day! Great! Next time I am going to use chocolate sandwich cookies!mmk"
"My daughter (11) and I made this for her birthday party last night. It was absolutely delicious!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.