When I want chocolate chip cookies, I bake this variation, which is full of other goodies, such as candy and peanuts. The cookies are crisp on the outside and moist and tender in the middle. —Clara Coulson Minney, Washington Court House, Ohio
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped miniature peanut butter cups
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the peanuts, chocolate chips and peanut butter cups.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Cookies in Reminisce June/July 2010, p43
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2011
"Great recipe, awesome cookies!Very strange measurements though, makes a tiny batch of cookies. When double it makes a normal small batch of cookies. I would make 4 times to get a normal double batch of cookies. Not sure why it was scaled down so much."