You won’t hear any complaints about these rich bars layered with a can’t-miss combination of flavors. —Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) peanut butter cookie mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl combine the cookie mix and butter; stir in peanuts. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature or until ganache reaches a spreading consistency, about 40 minutes. Spread over top. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Peanut Cheesecake Bars in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p43
Reviews for Chocolate-Peanut Cheesecake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review