- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) peanut butter cookie mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl combine the cookie mix and butter; stir in peanuts. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature or until ganache reaches a spreading consistency, about 40 minutes. Spread over top. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate-Peanut Cheesecake Bars
"A big hit all around. Glad I copied off the recipe to give along with the bars........"
"lineal, yes, you can make these with your own pb cookie recipe for the crust! I did just that yesterday, & they turned out great! I used chunky pb & deleted the peanuts because I was in a hurry. I also found out that the cheesecake layer had some moisture on it & had to dab the drops off with a paper towel so the chocolate ganache would stick well. But, this is now a favorite in our house!"
"In order to reduce the calories, saturated fat, cholesterol and probably the salt, I'm going to try this with my own PB cookie recipe. Has anyone else tried that?I'll also be cutting them in 1" x 2" pieces since, at 24 squares, they will be very big."
"Next time I am going to try it without the peanuts. I liked it, but it was too many for my husband and kids."